The Committee of Mohill Agricultural Show are very proud to be hosting their 85th Annual Agricultural Show Day on Sunday August 19th next and in doing so remember fondly the work of the many people who worked on behalf of Mohill Show since 1926.
Mohill’s first Show was actually held on 29th October 1844 and continued for many decades. In 1926 Canon MJ Masterson revived the tradition of Mohill Show with the formation of a new Committee who laid the foundation stone for a long and successful history of Show Days in the Community.
The Committee are delighted to host two All Ireland Championship Finals in co-operation with the Irish Shows Association:
• The Leitrim Irish Draught Breeders Championship sponsored by Horse Sport Ireland and The Leitrim Irish Draught Horse Breeders Association and
• The Non Pedigree Suckler Cow and Calf All Ireland Championship sponsored by
• PHARVET Ireland Ltd, and Lifeline Pre-Calver by UNIBLOCK Ltd.
Two very important Competitions that are part of Mohill Show 2012 are the Special Beef Animal Class sponsored by Kevin P Kilrane & Co Solicitors, Mohill and the Co Leitrim 2012 Calf Championship sponsored by The Logan Family, Corner House, Mohill.
New features of the 2012 Show Schedule include a 9 Class Poultry Show sponsored by Dr Arthur Dolan, Mohill and an 8 Class Honey Show organised and sponsored by The Digges and District Beekeeping Association.
Qualifiers for All Ireland Championships, organised by the Irish Shows Association included in Mohill 2012 Show Schedule are as follows:
• The A Browne Fill Foal Championship;
• The Traditional Irish Sport Horse Foal Championship;
• The Pegus Feed Mare & Foal Championship;
• The Parkmore Equestrian Centre Irish Draught Fill Foal Championship;
• The Greenvale Animal Feeds Beef Heifer Championship;
• The Connacht Gold Beef Bullock Championship and
• and The Chocolate Cook of the Year Championship.
Mohill Show Committee are deeply indebted to their many loyal and generous Sponsors who have contributed greatly to the Committee reaching this landmark occasion and look forward to the support of the Community as they prepare for Sunday, August 19th .
Schedules with full details of all classes are now available from Mohill Show Office – 071-9631007/9636092/ 087-2054746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org