There is nothing worse than coming home to an untidy house after a day running around at work or after the kids. Of course nobody can live in a show home but the problem is that clutter can very easily get out of hand leaving you with a very messy home. Here are some handy hints on how to tackle the mess before it becomes a real problem.
• Kitchen - Go through all you kitchen cupboards and get rid of all those out of date food items, broken plate and cups and things you never ever use.
• Bedrooms - Be ruthless with clothes and the children’s toys. If something is in good condition but you don’t wear it, give it to charity. If it’s ready for the scrap heap then recycle it. The same principal applies with the children’s toys. Throw out anything which is broken and pass on those items that they no longer play with.
• Books - Tidy up your book collection and weed out those you don’t like or never touch. Donate them to your local library instead of leaving them cluttering up the house.
• Bathroom - Go through all the nearly empty bottles of shampoo and use them or empty them. Don’t forget to recycle the bottles if possible. Get rid of old make-up and any body treatments that have been open for more than a year.
• A place for everything - We’ve all heard the saying ‘a place for everything and everything in its place’, well, it’s true! Buy proper storage for things such as toys, books, games, cleaning products etc and use them. That way you will also encourage your family to clean up after themselves and you’ll always know where to find what you’re looking for!