Paddy McGoldrick arrived in Carrick-on-Shannon in September 1946 having “served his time” in Fox’s Halfway House, Manorhamilton.
He commenced working for John F. Maguire and continued there until he bought the business in 1970.
From then until 1981 he continued to develop the grocery and bar and opened what is now known as “Paddy’s Bar” in August 1981.
Paddy developed a strong grocery and bar business over the next twenty years and re-developed the shop area to what it is now.
Now though we have come to the end of an era of the McGoldrick family in business on Main Street and Paddy, Josie and family “would like to express our sincere thanks to all our loyal customers who continued to support us over the last forty-four years.
“We would also like to thank all the great staff who helped make the business the success that it was and we wish Eddy Valentine the best of luck for the future of the business.”