Details announced for collection of Local Property Tax
Josephine Feehily, Chairperson of the Revenue Commissioners has announced details of the administration of the Local Property Tax (LPT).
Speaking at a press briefing this morning (Thursday, March 7), Ms Feehily stressed the following important messages:
• This is a self-assessed tax. You value your own property and if you follow Revenue guidance honestly, your self-assessment will be accepted.
• Useful sources for valuation guidance: revenue.ie, propertypriceregister.ie, property pages of local newspaper, local estate agent, property websites.
• The quickest and most straightforward way to complete and submit the property tax return is online on revenue.ie.
• If you complete the paper return, the deadline for sending it to Revenue is 7 May. If you’re filing online, the deadline is 28 May.
• There are easy ways to pay like deduction at source and Single Debit Authority
• If you’ve received a property tax return but are not the owner of the property, you need to contact Revenue.
• Don’t ignore the return. If you do, Revenue will pursue collection of the Estimate.
She also highlighted a number of Key dates including:
• 1 May, 2013 - deadline for Property Valuation and Property Ownership paperwork.
• 7 May, 2013 - Due date for filing paper LPT returns
• 28 May, 2013 - Due date for filing LPT returns electronically.
• 1 July, 2013 onwards - Commencement of deduction at source from Salary/Occupational Pension or certain payments from the Department of Social Protection and Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
• 1 July, 2013 onwards - Commencement of cash payments through certain payment service providers.
• 15 July, 2013 onwards - Commencement of direct debits.
• 21 July, 2013 - Single Debit Authority Payment deducted.
Search for a job
Weather for Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South