While folklore indicates that handball was played in Fenagh at a very early date, the earliest documented facts in relation to handball in Fenagh date to 1912. We know that the original alley was built onto the gable end of Fenagh temperance hall in 1913.
In 1952 a committee was elected with the objective of upgrading the alley from a one wall to three wall configuration. The project cost £750 and was completed in 1954. Throughout the 70s and 80s the organisation of Handball in Fenagh was primarily guided by Eamon Tubman, Peter Heaney and Brendan Beirne.
In 1991 the alley was upgraded further to a four wall structure, indoor play commenced in June 2008 with lighting, high spec floor and a glass back wall in place. The viewing stand, changing rooms & kitchen.