With athletes looking for an edge in coming back from injury and even recovering from punishing training sessions, a solution is close at hand as Roscommon based Connacht Ice Baths expand their highly successful operation around the province.
Who Is Connacht Ice Baths?
Connaught Ice Baths Clinic are based in Ballintubber Co. Roscommon and their aim to aid the recovery and injury for individuals, teams, athletes and contact sports persons alike, post training, competition, match or event.
Hydro Therapy is scientific, hygienic, and a highly recommended alternative to widely used “Ice Baths” which is temperature controllable.
Connacht Ice Baths fully equipped clinic includes a Six Jet Hydro Therapy Pool, changing facilities, including shower area and toilets, on site parking is also available.
Why Use Cold Water Immersion “Ice Baths”?
When you get an injury the first protocol is to apply an ice pack to the injured area, well an “Ice Bath” works on the same principles only for general recovery and in the case of an injury.
In simple terms an “Ice Bath” induces a flush like action (that helps the muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, nerves and all the different tissues used in sport recovery) from there workout in the following way:
-“Ice Bath” narrows blood vessels and thus decreases blood flow
- This reduces swelling and tissue breakdown thus reliving pain
- Once out of the “Ice Bath” the underlying tissues warm up
- This causes a surge of oxygen filled blood to flow back to the muscles
- This helps return by products of cellular breakdown to the lymph system for efficient recycling by the body
- Main by products is lactic acid which can cause cramp, fatigue, and a general feeling of tiredness in the muscles. (Delayed onset of muscle soreness (DOMS))
“Use of a Hydro Therapy pool has proven successful in recovery for both contact and non contact sports persons alike”
For more details, contact Vinnie Egan, Ballintubber, Co.Roscommon at 087-3515941 or email: email@example.com.