With less than five weeks to Christmas, it is time to prepare for the seaon of goodwill, parties and food!
Now is the time to book your Work, Family or friendly gatherings, events and parties. Choose from a large variety of award winning and reputable venues all over the county and sit back and let them make your Christmas party 2012 unforgettable!
Eat, drink and be merry is the slogan for most Work, family of friend Christmas gatherings, but for those of you who wish to stay a little sensible and keep room for actual dinner on Christmas Day take heed of a few of our healthy eating tips:
1. Don’t go to a party hungry. Eat a wholesome breakfast or lunch so you don’t over compensate at the party table.
2. Watch your portion: treat yourself a nice drink, dessert, chocolate or sweets without guilt, but always watch your portion size.
3. Keep a check on high fat items: Fried food, cream-based soup, cheese-filled casseroles, pies, processed meats, pastries and baked goods can all add up!
4. Alcohol also have calories: Heading straight for the bar will not leave you slimmer, beer, cider and liqueurs have a large calorie count.
5. Drink Water: It will fill you up and keep you hydrated.
6. Beware of buffets: Don’t be tempted to sample every product on offer, and once you have made your selection, don’t linger put some space between you and the table!
7. Pre-meal nibbles: Bread, peanuts and other pre meal nibbles should be kept to a minimum.
8. Don’t over cheese it: Brie, Camembert and Edam are safer than cheddar, Stilton and Red Leicester.
9. Dip it once: Dips and sauces are delightful around Christmas but try not to keep plunging into the delicious, sample and move on.
10. No seconds: The meal was delicious but avoid the temptation of seconds if you want to keep on track.