18 Aug 2022

Leitrim County Council clarify that Covid-19 rates waiver doesn't apply to vacant buildings

Commercial Vacancy Rate in Kilkenny Falls to 12%

The Covid-19 commercial rates waiver does not apply to vacant properties

Leitrim County Council has clarified that the Covid-19 commercial rates waiver now available for the first quarter of 2021, does not apply to vacant properties.
Under current rules the owners of vacant properties are entitled to a 75% write-off on the annual rates for their business but they must still pay the remaining 25%.
While businesses on an approved list are allowed to apply for a commercial rates waiver for the first three months of 2021, those with properties that were vacant prior to this are not entitled to apply.
For further information on what businesses can apply for the waiver, contact Leitrim County Council or view their website

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.

Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.