Student from IT Sligo watching a webinar.
IT Sligo is offering 15 courses in the areas of Science, Technology and Engineering funded by the Higher Education Authority (HEA) under the Springboard+ 2018 programme.
The courses are free for unemployed participants and 90% funded for those in employment. These are delivered part time online and are completed within one year.
The 2018 Springboard allocations were launched this morning (Monday, June 4) by Minister of Education and Skills, Richard Bruton and Minister of State for Training, Skills, Innovation and Research, John Halligan.
Springboard courses are tailored to meet key growth areas such as Biopharmaceutical Science, Information Technology, Lean Sigma and Quality.
IT Sligo has received funding for Springboard courses from Springboard every year since 2011, and its courses are designed for those actively seeking employment or those already in employment who are wishing to upskill.
IT Sligo’s Springboard Co-ordinator, Jean Gilligan said: “We are delighted to receive funding again for many of our courses here at IT Sligo. The courses we are offering under the Springboard programme have been selected to help meet the demand for skills in these industries.”
IT Sligo is a national leader in developing and delivering online education. Its online learning programmes are designed for students who want to study part time at a pace that matches their work/life balance. Course delivery is flexible and includes web-cast classes, which are also recorded so that students who are unable to take part in the live sessions can access them at any time.
All content is delivered online with either limited or no attendance requirement.
The Springboard-funded courses at IT Sligo are accredited programmes and confer Certificates on graduation from levels 6 through to Post Graduate level 9.
This year’s courses are:
· Level 6 Cert. in Biopharmaceutical Processing
· Level 6 Cert. in Mechanical Analysis & Automation
· Level 6 Cert. in Validation Technologies
· Level 6 Cert. in Quality Assurance
· Level 7 Cert. Lean Sigma Quality
· Level 7 Cert. in BioProcess Engineering
· Level 7 Cert. in Biopharmaceutical Processing
· Level 8 Cert. in Med Tech Regulatory Affairs
· Level 8 Higher Diploma in Science in Computing
· Level 8 Cert. in Software Development
· Level 8 Cert. in Computer Networks & Cloud Infrastructure
· Level 8 Cert. Secure IT Engineering & Deep Machine Learning
· Level 9 Cert. in Sensors for Autonomous Vehicles
· Level 9 Cert. in Quality Analytics for Biopharma
· Level 9 Cert. in Biopharmaceutical Science
Applications can now be submitted to www.springboardcourses.ie