Now that the evenings are getting longer, Christmas is just around the corner and the mercury is set to tumble towards zero, all home owners should be making sure that they have properly prepared their homes for Winter.
Here is a quick checklist to get you started:
• Insulation - Go into the loft space and check that you have adequate insulation in your attic. Insulation can settle over time and its realitively easy to top up your levels to help retain the warmth in your home.
• Check all exterior lights - With the darker evenings it is essential that you ensure your lights are working.
• Check your heating - If you haven’t had your heating on then ensure you get it properly serviced to prevent problems. This is especially true if you have an oil or gas boiler.
• Clean your chimney - Lots of debris can block a chimney so to prevent problems get yours professionally cleaned before the Winter chill sets in.
• Clean out gutters - Blocked gutters can lead to overflows and damage to walls and your roof. Ensure you check yours regularly and clean out as needed.