Search

21/09/2021

Gas explosion at Cootehall home

Dublin-Fire-Briga

File photo

Units of Carrick-on-Shannon fire service attended  an explosion at a home in Cootehall  which took place early on Tuesday evening, October 27.

It is understood that the fire was caused by a gas explosion at the domestic property.

Carrick-on-Shannon fire brigade quickly attended the scene to assist their Boyle colleagues.

Substantial structural damage was caused to the property.

In a separate incident Carrick-on-Shannon fire service also attended a fire at a property in Kilnagross. 

Fortunately the people in the house escaped without injury.

The blaze broke out at a domestic dwelling last Monday, October 26 and again substantial damage was caused to the property.

Mohill fire service were also in attendance.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.