North Leitrim TD Michael Colreavy has told members of the steering group campaigning to keep cancer services in Sligo General Hospital that his party will not give up the fight in restoring cancer facilities to the hospital.
Mr Colreavy met with the group in Sligo last Monday at the request of its members to discuss the next steps in continuing the campaign, after Health Minister James Reilly ruled out the return of breast cancer surgery on June 23rd. Mr Colreavy told the Leitrim Observer last week that he articulated his distress at the situation. “I met with the group early last week to express my serious concerns on the matter. I stated that myself nor Sinn Fein will give up the fight in restoring these services and will continue to fight inside and outside of The Dail on this matter.”
He also praised Fine Gael TD Denis Naughten for supporting Sinn Fein’s motion on keeping Roscommon Hospital open. “I applaud Mr. Naughten for supporting Sinn Fein’s motion and we will continue to challenge Fine Gael TD’s who made assurances to keep the hospital open as part of their pre-election promises. Voters had faith in these politicians and have now been duped by their representatives, these representatives have been elected under false pretences.”
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.