The people of Leitrim are being encouraged to get involved in National Heritage Week 2013 which takes place nationwide August 17 - 23.
All Leitrim events are FREE to attend. Some of the events taking place in the county during National Heritage Week 2013 include:
- Guided Tour of Manorhamilton Castle, Sunday 18th, 1-6pm, the castle, which dates back to 1638, detailing the historic events of the period.
- St George’s Heritage & Workhouse Attic Tour August 17- 24 11am-4pm.
- Fenagh Heritage Week, August 17-25 includes a kids heritage camp, talks on the history and culture of Fenagh, Holy wells, association with John McGahern, a farmers market, demonstrations and fun activities throughout the week.
- Heritage Electric Bike Cycle Trail, Sunday 18th 10am-12.30pm 20km to Keadue Village to see Knockranny Court tomb, Lassair’s shrine and Holy well and Kilronan Abbey.
- Photographic Exhibition: Past, Present and Future Pride, August 17-25 11am-4pm, there will be a special walk where participants will be invited to take photographs en route of the local built heritage and fauna around Carrick-on-Shannon.
- Heritage Day Lecture on Wednesday, August 21st 8.30-10pm in Carrick-on-Shannon, the Historical Society will present a lecture in the Bush Hotel.
- History and Biodiversity Walk in Manorhamilton Sunday, August 18th 1-5pm, tour of Hamilton’s Castle and Manorhamilton. More info on www.heritageweek.ie
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.