A Government Minister is expected to be in Ballinamore on January 23 at 3pm to officially turn the sod at the site of the new Ballinamore PPP.
The gates opened on the site at Lahard, Ballinamore last month after 40 years of campaigning. The comprehensive school is being constructed by BAM Building Ltd based in Kill, Co Kildare, the project should take up to 18 months to complete. It is intended that Ballinamore PPS will be able to accommodate 400 pupils in April 2014. The company said work will “start straight away” on the site.
A meeting of the trustees of Ballinamore PPS was held on November 29 with Bishop Leo O’Reilly, Sr Columbo and Acting CEO of Leitrim VEC Martin Fallon present. Progress on the school was discussed and the date of the sod turning confirmed. Mr Fallon said there may be an issue where only 20 people could be allowed onto the site for health and safety reasons on January 23.
Chairperson of the VEC Damien Brennan said the news for Ballinamore was great. He wished all the members of Leitrim VEC, staff, teachers, parents and students a happy and peaceful Christmas.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.