Last year saw the national Irish Youth Training Choir’s (IYTC) first training course.
IYTC provides young singers aged 14-17 with the opportunity to train with leading vocal and choral professionals during a weekend residential summer course and performance for Irish Youth Training Choir. After this they can expect to progress on and train in a week long residential Irish Youth Choir course for ages 18-28.
During the weekend residential course, members participate in a daily routine of physical and vocal warm-ups, sectional and full choir rehearsals - a complete singing experience! Sports and recreational activities are organized as part of the course.
• Applicants to IYTC must be born or resident in Ireland.
• Aged 14 - 17 during the June 2015 course you may apply for Irish Youth Training Choir.
• Have relevant choral/singing experience
• Have a nominating music teacher or relevant equivalent
• In exceptional circumstances people not fitting these criteria may be considered.
Applicants must be available from Thursday, June 25 through to Sunday, June 28 inclusive.
Application forms and further information are available from the following website www.aoic.ie/iyc or by calling 061 234823.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.