Five tips from about Motivation Weight Management, Sligo, to ensure you keep those New Year Resolutions.
1. Three words: “It Doesn't Matter.” When things happen that you cannot change, use the magic words of the positive thinker. Over-reaction to small matters causes us undue distress and upset which can easily lead to poor eating rituals.
2. Figure out how – you must engender the belief that you can do it. Firstly there needs to be commitment, time and energy to fulfill the task in hand. Write down your goals and read them every morning and every night.
3. Get Support – no matter what we put our minds to, there are times when we need encouragement from like-minded peers. This is especially true if or when we relapse and feel guilt which is the most destructive negative emotion and leads to unnecessary self-punishment.
4. Know your weaknesses. Have you made resolutions in the past? Don’t set yourself up for a fall. High risk times,
places, situations and people need to be realised and managed.
5. Choose self esteem over self pity – why not add something positive to your life. Remember you’re looking at the next fifty two weeks. So keep it simple, enjoy the little things and have a happy, healthy New Year!
Find out about Motivation Weight Management, call 071 9310910 or visit motivation.ie
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.