Not only is the Blue Green algal bloom affecting Keeldra Lake toxic for humans, it's bad news for your pets as well!
Pet owners are being reminded that blue-green algae is not just toxic for humans but pets too!
This is particularly important for pet owners who are bringing their dogs to walk at Keeldra Lake in South Leitrim.
This lake has been closed to bathing for humans but some people are not aware that the blue-green algal bloom impacting these waters is also toxic for pets.
Do not allow your pet to swim in Keeldra Lake and do not swim there yourself until the health warning has been lifted. Clinical signs of ingestion of Blue-green Algae can be seen from 15 minutes to several days after your pet has been exposed.
Don't put your pet or yourself at risk.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.