€266,433 in Clár funding has been allocated for eight projects in Co Leitrim. Projects funded under the scheme include playgrounds, public lighting, walks, community gardens, sporting facilities and school safety improvements.
Among the successful projects are.
- The Leitrim Way, creating a pedestrian diversions route to the Yellow River bridge and adding ‘rock armour’ to the banks of the river - (€50,000)
- Annaduff GAA, development of a public playground at their grounds - (€50,000)
- Drumkeeran GAA Club, development of a walkway around the existing GAA facilities and looped walking trial - (46,350)
- St Manchan’s NS, (Mohill), €45,180 for the resurfacing of an old basketball court and replanting of the area around the amenity
- Mohill Community Network, €28,895 for the refurbishment of wooden play units.
- Drumshanbo (Vocational School) €25,176 to provide public lighting from the School to the end of the road at Carricknabreac.
- Kinlough Community Garden, €11,112 to extend the current garden to include a new polytunnel and raised beds.
- Eslin Community Centre, €9,720 to provide for improvements in and around the centre.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.