Bus Eireann will go through Dromod and Rooskey, one way or another, according to the Rooskey Bus Action Committee.
Larry O’Connor from the group told the Leitrim Observer that they plan to “stop buses going down the dual carriageway” and redirect them through the village if they do not receive a satisfactory result from the bus company in the next few weeks.
Mr O’Connor and almost 20 supporters brought their protest about the bus cut from the villages to Dail Eireann last week.
Carrying banners saying “Bypass equals no bus” and “No bus = No Vote” the group demonstrated at the gates of Leinster House last Wednesday, November 14.
The group travelled to Dublin via a mini bus sponsored by Micheal Coyle.
Independent Deputy Luke Flanagan TD and Denis Naughten TD met with the group and walked with them to the Department of Transport, where they handed in almost 3,000 signatures.
The Rooskey Bus Action Committee had 1,350 signatures demanding a return of bus services through the villages of Dromod and Rooskey as well as 1,600 signatures from Ballinamore making their demands for the West Cavan route to be returned.
Mr O’Connor said the Minister for Transport, Leo Varadkar refused to meet with them to take the signatures, but an official did acknowledge confirmation of the signatures.
Mr O’Connor said they hope “the services will be reinstated” but if not the group will escalate their protests and said they will not be “nice anymore.”
They have plans to “stop buses going down the dual carriageway” but they need to work out safety measures first.
Mr O’Connor said Deputy Frank Feighan has arranged a meeting with Bus Eireann and the Rooskey Bus Action Committee will be attending.