A 21 year old man has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Carrick-on-Shannon native Andrew Dolan in Mullingar in 2011.
20-year-old Andrew Dolan, a biomedical science student from Carrick-on-Shannon, Leitrim died on New Year’s Day 2012 at Beaumount Hospital, Dublin following an assault at Pearse St, Mullingar on December 23 2011.
Three people were charged in relation to Andrew Dolan’s death.
At Mullingar Circuit Court one of the accused, Patrick Farrell of Cornamuckla, Broadford, Kildare pleaded guilty to a single count of manslaughter.
Senior Counsel Micheal P O’Higgins said his client is hugely remorseful for what happened.
He said Farrell is anxious to convey his sincere apologies directly to the family.
A victim impact report was ordered by Judge Anthony Hunt and the case adjourned for sentencing to July 5.
The two other people charged with manslaughter, Jessica Hughes (20) of 3 Greenfield Heights, Rathwire, Killucan, Westmeath and Patrick Daly (23) of Mulphedder, Clonard, Meath, appeared before Judge Hunt last week.
Their cases were adjourned to November for a trial date to be fixed.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.