Members of the public are invited to attend the public meeting of the Leitrim Joint Policing Committee next month.
A public meeting of the Leitrim Joint Policing Committee will take place on Monday, March 11, 2019 at 7:30pm in The Bush Hotel, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim.
This meeting is open to all members of the public and is an opportunity for people to have their views heard. It i s also an opportunity to put questions to members of the Leitrim Joint Policing Committee although please note, all questions concerning the policing of Co Leitrim should be submitted in writing prior to the meeting.
If you wish to submit a question, forward it in writting to: Kieran Brett, Administrative Officer, Corporate Services, Aras-an-Chontae, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim or by e-mail to email@example.com
Questions should be received no later than 5pm on Friday, March 1, 2019 and must include the name and address of the person submitting the question, which will be kept confidential. Questions will be accepted from any person affected by the policing of the area. Those who require alternative arrangements for the submission of questions may contact the Administrative Officer, Corporate Services on 071/9620005.
Please note that the Joint Policing Committee may not consider matters relating to a specific criminal investigation or prosecution or matters relating to the security of the State. In addition, the Joint Policing Committee will not consider a matter if:
- It would endanger the security of one or more individuals
- It relates to an individual
- It involves information received by the Garda Síochána or the local authority in confidence
- It would, or would be likely to, prejudice the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- Individuals shall not be discussed or named. An individual’s right to privacy and the provision of the European Convention on Human Rights Act, 2003 must be adhered to
- It is deemed prejudicial to a Garda operational matter
- The public is advised that in some circumstances, for legal reasons, it may not be possible to provide information requested.