Whats on in Leitrim this weekend
The weekend is almost here, what are your plans?
Here we put together some of the big events happening around the area this weekend. Enjoy!
Friday, September 30th
- Exhibition: Solas Gallery Ballinamore presents ‘Floral Tributes’ an exhibition by Mary Wilson, Lesley Mills and Julia Smith at 7.30pm. The exhibition continues until October 22.
- Library Centenary event: Leitrim County Library Service is hosting a two part centenary event of songs, music, talks and presentations on 1916 and its legacy at the Dock at 8.30pm. Tickets €10, bookings on 0719650828.
- Festival: Concert featuring Don Stiffe with Marcus Hernon and Family in Ballinaglera Community Hall at 8pm. The 7th Annual Ballinaglera Traditional Music Weekend continues Saturday and Sunday.
- Film: Director Paula Kehoe returns to The Glens Centre, for a Q&A following the screening of her latest film Deargdhúil, Anatomy of Passion at 8.30pm.
- Head shave: Mary Flynn from Drumkeerin and a friend are having their heads shaved in aid of the Beaumont Foundation in the Mayflower, Drumshanbo tonight at 8pm. There will be music on the night, food and a pop up shop.
- Film: Carrick Cineplex will also be showing the new film with a lot of local links - 'The Seige of Jadotville' starting Jamie Doran about the Irish UN peacekeeping troops in the Congo in 196. Pre-booking on www.carrickcineplex.ie
Saturday, October 1st
- Theatre: Danger Money, written by John McManus and starring Seamus O’Rourke perform in the Corn Mill Theatre, Carrigallen at 8.30pm. Bookings on 0494339612.
- Table Quiz: Pub Quiz in aid of Mohill Horse Fair in John James Bar, Mohill at 9pm.
- Library Centenary event: Leitrim County Library Service is hosting a day-long series of talks and presentations on 1916 and its legacy in the County Library, Ballinamore. Speakers will include RTE’s Joe Duffy and Myles Dungan.
- Statue unveiling: At 2.30 pm, Leitrim County Council CEO, Frank Curran will unveil a new monument honouring the 150th Anniversary of the birth of poet and writer Susan Langstaff Mitchell at Main St, Carrick-on-Shannon.
Sunday, October 2nd
- Tour de Breffni 2016: On Sunday, 2nd October the Leitrim Village Cycle Club will hold their annual 100K & 60K events. Starts at 9am from the Leitrim Gaels Community Pitch. Registration from 7.45am. Proceeds in aid of Cancer Care West, St. Ciaran's Services and Irish Pilgrimage Trust.
- Charity Ceili at Four Provinces, Rathallen, Croghan, Co Roscommon to benefit local Simon Community. Ceili from 4.30 - 7pm with the Salamanca Ceili Band, cover charge on the door of €10 with a raffle to benefit North West Simon Community.
Monday, October 3rd
- Dance: Country music Extravaganza in aid of ‘Join Our Boys’ and Leitrim Association of People with disabilities in the Landmark Hotel, Carrick-on-Shannon at 9pm.