You can still post and receive letters and packages.
An Post is carefully monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Detailed Business Continuity Plans are in place and we are working closely with the HSE Expert team, the Health Threats Coordination Group and international postal organisations.
· In order to help keep Ireland’s supply-chains running, An Post is working to ensure the continuity of mails, parcels and post office services over the coming weeks.
· Mails & Parcel collection and delivery services will operate as normal (except to countries to which services are suspended - currently China and Mongolia).
· Delivery times may vary as we strive to facilitate flexible working times for staff.
· The HSE advises that there is no evidence of a risk of contracting the virus that causes Covid-19 by handling money, mails or parcels.
· All Post Offices will remain open for business as usual.
· Special arrangements for post office customers unable to collect their regular DEASP payments (e.g. Pensions) are now in place. A nominated Temporary Agent may collect the payment on their behalf, on production of necessary ID and documentation – Details at the Post Office or anpost.com.
· State Savings and An Post Money Current Account services are working normally
· Please see anpost.com for updates
“At this difficult time for everyone, our objective is to ensure the health & safety of staff, the continuity of business for An Post’s customers and to assist the national effort wherever possible” said An Post CEO, David McRedmond.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.