Leitrim Development Company, Mental Health Ireland, HSE and a number of community organisations will be hosting a range of interesting, informative and fun events in Leitrim during World Mental Health Week (October 8-12, 2018).
A series of talks, events, workshops and fun activities, will be held from the first week in October and throughout the autumn to promote positive mental health.
• The Healthy Mind with Mar Healy: Wednesday, October 24 at 7pm in the Bush Hotel, Carrick-on-Shannon. Learning our minds is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves, opening to the possibility of a life with more calm, coping skills, emotional stability and mental wellness. Mar is a professionally trained coach, meditation teacher and acting area Development Officer with Mental Health Ireland Sligo/Leitrim. Free talk, booking essential. ph: 0873680423 or Thomas.email@example.com
• Childhood Worries and Anxieties: Parents Workshop. Dr Mary O'Kane explains anxiety in children and offers parents practical advice on how to support their children during difficult times. Workshop takes place on Thursday, October 25 at 7pm in the Bush Hotel. Free talk hosted by Leitrim County Childcare Committee. Register via firstname.lastname@example.org or 071-9640870.
• Glencar Social Get Together: Glencar Feel Good Club invites you to a social get together with music, song, dance and performances on Monday, October 8 at 11am in Glencar Feel Good Centre. Phone Sarah Bronkhurst on 071-9854030 email@example.com
• One of the Lads: On Friday, October 12, The Glens Centre in Manorhamilton will be showing ‘One of the Lads’ and arts based programme about and for men in contemporary times and in rural border areas. Doors open at 7.30pm. Performance starts at 8pm. Tel: 071-9856070 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Support for Young Men Talk: The North Leitrim Mens’ Centre will hold a talk promoting the need for support for young men in Leitrim on Friday, October 13 at 10.30am in the Bee Park in Manorhamilton hosted by Joel Smith. For more information contact email@example.com
• Lunchtime Walk and Talk: Leitrim Development Company will host a weekly walk from their offices in Drumshanbo starting from October 9 at 12.30pm. This will continue every Tuesday during October. Tea and refreshments afterwards. Be weather prepared. Contact Kathleen or Karen at 071-9641770 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Introduction to Mindfulness and Relaxation: The South Leitrim Community Health Forum will host a session on mindfulness and relaxation at 7.30pm on Tuesday, October 9 in Ballinamore Primary Care Centre. For more information or to book at place, contact Bernie@ldco.ie or 071-9631715.
• Homecoming with Rachel Webb: Three gentle exploration workshops will be held on Saturday, November 10, 17 and 24 from 10am-1pm in the Women’s Centre, Manorhamilton. Ph: 071-9856220 or email@example.com or 071-9856220.
• The Invitation with Marie Evans: Together let us learn ways to keep ourselves in balance during this time of hibernation when all nature rests. Workshop will take place on Friday, November 9, 10am - 1pm in the North Leitrim Women’s Centre Manorhamilton.
• Positive Mental Health Talk: Talk on the importance of mental wellbeing organised by North West STOP on Saturday, October 13 at 8pm in Mayflower Centre, Drumshanbo. Ph: 071-9656070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ecumenical Service: A reflective evening in remembrance during mental health week including a few readings from different denominations on October 8 at 8pm in the Glens Centre, Manorhamilton.
• Grow Network Meeting: Mohill Family Support Centre host a Grow Network meeting every Tuesday at 2.15pm. It is a supportive and confidential environment encouraging people to develop their personal strengths and improve mental health and wellbeing. Tel: 071-9631253.
• Coffee Morning in Mohill Family Support Centre: Thursday, October 11 at 11am. Come join us for a coffee and chat.
• Interclub Soccer Competition: An under 12 blitz for all youth clubs/cafes of YWI North Connaught in Leitrim on Friday, October 12 at 7.30pm in the Mayflower, Drumshanbo. Ph: Mary 071-9641721.
• Movie Night: A screening of Use Your Brain, Not your Fist in Bornacoola Youth Café and Drumkeeran Youth Café. Ph: Fiona 071-9641721 or club leaders.
• Canoeing: An afternoon of canoeing for young people on Thursday, October 11 at 3pm to 5pm at Acres Lake, Drumnshanbo. Contact Fiona at YWI North Connaught at 071-9641721.
Brochures are also available with lists of all events planned to mark World Mental Health Week.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.